Free School Meals
The school dinners at IES Breckland are prepared daily with fresh ingredients sourced locally, where possible. Our caterers, Veritas, ensure that all of our meals are healthy, enticing and provide a wide range of options suitable for all requirements.
Your child may be able to eat ‘on the house’! You could be saving about £11 per week. That’s around £400 over the school year and £2,000 over 5 years!!
At IES Breckland, we are committed to working with students and their families to ensure that they are fully supported in their learning. We recognise that this extends beyond the classroom and we want to make sure that the health, well-being and opportunities for learning for all of our pupils is the best that it can be. One of the ways that we can do this is to make sure that everyone who is eligible for free school meals completes an application, whether they wish to eat ‘on the house’ or not. You can apply for free school meals online from the Suffolk County Council Website, if you go to Apply for free school meals. If you do not have access to a suitable device to complete an online form please contact the office for support.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
To check if your child is eligible, apply online for an immediate response or call 01473 260989